In todays world 3D specially information dramatically improves the efficiency of many different industries. Aerial Engineering Australia prides itself on providing incredible, highly accuracy 3D model surveys in order to help our clients save time and money.
What are 3D Drone Models?
- 3D models are a combination of aerial photographs processed using photogrammetry software.
- Photogrammetry is the use of photographs in surveying and measuring.
- 3D Point-clouds are created and geolocated to be utilised by GIS software as well as Drafting software such as Revit, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Sketch-up.
- Aerial Engineering Australia utilises desktop based photogrammetry software which achieves incredibly higher accuracy than cloud based photogrammetry software used by most other drone service providers.
3D Mesh - Mobile Phone Tower, Victoria
These 3D models can be a wealth of information for many different industries. Not only can they be used for visual and ascetic purposes, they can be used to create Digital surface Models (DSM), Digital Terrain Models (DTM), Contour Maps, Point Clouds, Orthomosaic Images, 3D Mesh and more.
Some of the uses for 3D models are:
- Engineers / Project Manages - Utilise DTM’s and contour maps for estimations on volumetric or terrain measurements. Use Orthomosaic images for lineal measurements between points.
- Architects and Draftees - Incorporate Point Cloud models or 3D mesh into other 3D modelling programs such as Revit. Output files include LAS, CSV, OBJ, DXF, PLY and more.
- Realestate - Realtors can use 3D Object files and FBX files to showcase properties and buildings other than just simple photographs or videos.
- Marketing - Business such as Golf courses, Ski resorts, theme parks, anyone can use 3D models on their websites to stand out from the competition by offering a different, more realistic perception of their assets to attract new customers.
3D Point Cloud - Phone Tower, Victoria